31 March 2008

Sing m-o-n-d-a-y s-u-c-k-s to the Mickey Mouse Club theme song...

So it's Monday. And that means that it was a snow day today. I'm pretty sure that 75% of the Mondays this winter have seen school either start 2 hours late or be cancelled altogether. And I don't recall a single snow day that hasn't been on a Monday. It's actually quite amazing. Granted, it's caused by the weather, so it's rather hard to justifiably complain. But, today is an exception. We did not get the call that school was cancelled until 8:15 am. School starts at 8:20!! We were literally 2 blocks from school! And so was everyone else! Ok, you cancel school cause its too dangerous to get in, right? But when everyone is there already, it doesn't make any sense! I am of the firm conviction that someone dropped the ball on this one.

In other news, I felt woefully out-brained last night. Over hookah and tea there was great discussion about subjects I didn't understand, using references to great thinkers I'd never heard of. So to make myself feel better I retired early and read some Kierkegaard. This, of course, didn't help, because it just confused me. He's a difficult read. Ok, I got some of it, but after slogging thru about 3 pages I gave up and tried to sleep. And then I slept not well. For a variety of reasons, primarily the very loud movie coming from upstairs around 2:30 am. And then I rolled over, it seemed like 2 minutes passed, and my alarm went off at 5:45 am. And then you can start reading the beginning of the blog, cause that's where it picks up.

Hmm, once again, a depressing blog. Set to a depressing black background. It's been recommended that I change this. I believe I will. When I figure out how.

_____ of the day: sanity is just ytinas spelled backwards

The gniog enasni Ogukuo

2 comments:

Andrea said...

Ok. We're going to figure this one out. :)

Paul K said...

i am slowly going crazy one two three for five six switch
crazy going slowly am i six five four three two one switch