06 March 2008

The Washington Blog

Greetings blogging friends, I'm rejoining your ranks! Sorry for my extended absence, over the past week I've had access to a computer only twice and each time was about 5 minutes long. It was actually really nice, I felt much less addicted to email, facebook, blogs, drudgereport, etc.

So, funness took the place of blogging over the last week, I think I'll do a list type thing to hit the highlights.

-randomly met a guy in the Sioux City airport who knew a guy I knew, and we had uber Dutch CRC connections, happened to have seats right next to eachother to Denver, and chatted the whole way. That was pretty awesome.

-Met up with Andrea and met her roommates, they are a hoot. Entertainment seems to abound at their apartment.

-Saw many new things such as: Andrea's classroom and school, Widbey Island, Mt. Baker (kind of), Bellingham (awesome city), Whatcom Falls, Birch Bay, Doris's Donuts, Bethal CRC (of Lynden), Bellingham URC, and the Whatcom County Chorale. And many many other points of interest around Lynden that are too numerous to list.

-I went to class with Andrea on Monday and Tuesday, and taught a 45 minute science class on renewable resources on Tuesday! That was fun, although rather chaotic.

-There's at least one Jr High girl with a crush on me. Why didn't that happen when I was in Jr High?? Back then it would have been cool, now its just, um, wierd? annoying? I dunno.

-Saw my grandparents who live about 40 minutes from Lynden. I hadn't been to their place in years, it was cool to see it again. My grandma managed to get in several jabs about my earrings, all of which were skillfully deflected :).

-It was wierd to have so many people I'd never met know so much about me.

-Having seen a new area, and scoped out some job ideas, I am once again firmly planted in having no idea what I want to do. New ideas coming to mind are teaching (gulp), continued work with disabled persons, and possibly college recruitment. Yes, back to that, but at a different school.

-Now that I'm back home, I feel kinda anchorless. The past few months I've been looking forward to this trip. Now that its over, I feel like its just back to work with nothing in the near future to look forward to. I'm sure thats a normal post-vacation feeling tho. And getting back into the swing of things will probably be a good thing.

- I've rekindled my love for jelly-bellies.

______ of the day: "Taken in context, its not a bad thing. But when you start to pick it apart, it gets so depressing" - The Perfect Ending, Straylight Run

The returning Ogukuo

4 comments:

Mela said...

hi. :)

Paul K said...

I like jellie bellies. I like Phil. Jr. High girls are funny creatures.

Alvin said...

Yeah, he's back!

Melissa said...

yay!