20 March 2008

The Story of Us

Thats the movie I watched last night. I hated it, for the exact reasons I think I'm supposed to hate it. And for that, I liked it. Its a hard movie to watch, but I supposed that was well intentioned. I think the progression thru the movie really shows his turning off of emotion. He really does love her, and that never changes, but he needs to stop showing the love for his own sake. Sort of a self-preservation. And her monologue at the end of the movie shows that she finally realizes the love, and maybe she can reciprocate it.

But then the movie ends. That sucks. What happens? Do they actually do something about it, or just continue goin on like they were? Cause then there would be endless sequels to the movie, and they would never get anywhere. I guess the assumption is that she meets him in the love.

But there's no way of knowing. Cause its just a movie, right? And we never get to find out.

So thats a short review, maybe you disagree with me.

______ of the day: "Will you see me in the end, Or is it just a waste of time" - Hamburg Song, Keane

The 'say a word or two to brighten my day' Ogukuo

1 comment:

Andrea said...

I still think Michelle Pfeiffer is crazy. Maybe she de-crazifies a bit. One can hope! I think you should change the background of your blog, because in combination with what you say, it's kind of depressing. Maybe a bright orange? :)