04 April 2008

For every Monday there is a Friday

Ahhh Friday. Such a wonderful thing. The sun is shining, the temps are in the high 50s, and snow is disappearing. And I must add, Saturday, highs in the mid 60s, more sun, less snow. Is this not a beautiful thing?

There is a wonderful feeling one gets by having a clean car. Its a mixture of earned pride and a certain self-awareness that is not unlike wearing a new suit. You move extra smoothly, you walk a little taller. Indeed a wonderful feeling.

There is something not wonderful about dreaming of work. Its like never leaving the job. Why do these dreams always involve the worst-case scenerio? Why can I not dream about a good day at work?
*tips hat to Paul in knowing agreement on this issue*

The convergence of friends at a single place and time is truly an event to be savored and enjoyed. For it is these moments that make life, that you talk about in the future.

Camping. Ahhhh, the thought of camping. Summer. Need I say more?

Today is a day to make one breath deep, to try to take it all in and experiance beauty to the fullest. Indeed a good day.

Lets hope my work experience this afternoon leaves me feeling unaltered from my current state of optimism.

______ of the day: "Ooooh, ooooh, ooooh, oooooh, oooooooh-aaa" - Space Dementia, Muse

The optimistic Ogukuo

2 comments:

Andrea said...

Sunny today! Way to be optimistic. :)

Renae said...

Camping is amazing! Have you ever been to the BWCA??? I LOVE it! That, my friend, is real camping.