02 July 2006

California Surfin'

So I went surfing this morning for half an hour or so. Sadly, it was surfing blogs, not the ocean. I know thats not blogworthy, but I don't really got anything else to start a blog with, so its stream of conscienceness.
I am liking the idea of OJK taking off more and more. With each show we play, I'm realizing more and more how much I totally enjoy it. Entertaining people is a blast, not to mention meeting bunches of new people, hearing music from other local bands, and best of all being able to play our music. Granted, Pauly does most of the writing, or Andrew does, but I still like to claim at least part of the music cause, for the most part, I come up with my own bass lines. Which can be both fun and disasterous. I can't wait to do a full length professionally recorded album later this year (I'd say I'm crossing my fingers in hope, but I know we all want it to happen, so barring any unforeseen circumstances, I dunno why it wouldn't).
On a completely different note, today is the first Sunday in a while where I didn't role out of bed and think to myself, crap, now I've got 5 days in a row of having to get up at 6:30 instead of sleeping in. Porque no trabajo para dos mas dias! Of course, tomorrow will be filled with lots and lots of "I really need to do it" stuff, but it'll be better than tying bamboo to trees (which, granted, isn't really that bad, just boring). No clue what Tuesday holds yet, except for the strong possiblity of setting things on fire to celibrate out nations freedom. Odd way to celibrate, but I'm all about fire, so bring it on!
Played a game a Pauls house yesterday during rehersal break that was totally awesome. Its like a cross between Cricket (very British), horseshoes (very American) and golf (very frustrating). But it was fun.
Ok, enough random odd glimpses into my life in Northwest Iowa, most of you are probably asleep at this point, having wierd, boring dreams.
_______ of the day: Gallop Poles (sp?) always make me think of horses.
The NWI Ogukuo

1 comment:

Paul K said...

You make a big impact on our tunes, cuz you create/write fantastic bass parts