15 July 2006

Hangover? or so much more?

Ok, so this morning I woke up with a headache. Of course, you are now thinking "Hangover! hangover!". Well, from my experiances, a hangover will last about and hour, and then its gone, at least the mild ones I've had. This headache got progressively worse for a good 5 or 6 hours thru out the day (mostly gone now, thank goodness). But, I don't think it was really a hangover. I speculate possibly mild heatstroke, or something like that. My roommate had a simular thing, hes also workin outside all day like me, so it'd make sense. I started work at 5:30 yesterday morning, and worked most of the day in the hot sun. And then had a few drinks of the relaxing nature last night, and some how last night turned into this morning, and I ended up staying up til about 3:30. So, I think I created a very bad combo of being in the sun most of the day (in 90+ heat, no less), having alcahol, and staying awake for 23 straight hours. I was even feeling like I was gonna loose my lunch there for a while, not cool. But, I've mostly recovered, and will probably be headin into work at 5:30 or 6 almost everyday this week to again try to avoid the incredible Iowa heat. And perhaps avoiding the uber late nights and alcamahol as well.
I must add a very important disclaimer, however, I had a blast last night, I don't regret staying up late and drinking, just wish it didn't lead to the negative effects it did. I love talking music, especially with people like Ross and Paul who actually know something about it. Of course, I try to restrain myself from talking too much and reveiling my ignorance on the subject in general, but I love learning about it, music is so much fun to discuss. I've always found it so intriguing, even more so in the last 6 months, since I've been so much more involved with it in OJK. I really hope to go on and be part of the music scene that I find so intriguing to talk about. Man, the thought of getting on a label and everything is exciting enough, but the thought of leaving a lasting mark on the world of music is practically unattainable thought at this point, it so cool.
Ok, I'd better end this post before I work myself up to the point of giggling uncontrollably about the whole band/music thing.
_______ of the day: I hate any day that goes over 90 degrees
The overheated Ogukuo

No comments: