12 July 2006

Caught in the crossfire of childhood and stardom

So I watched Pink Floyd The Wall yesterday, wow, that was intense. I really am gonna have to see it again to understand it I think. Probably more like half a dozen more times really. Also found out that Syd Barrett died, thats uber sad. I think he was one of those people who was genius to the point of insanity. Or maybe he was just insane with no genius, I dunno. He co-founded Pink Floyd, but only stayed with them for a while, before basically losing it. I think those who are musicians to an extreme point like that tend to be a bit self destructive. Just like any artist who is so intense about their artwork. I like to think that I'm not insane even tho I'm an artist, but those who know me may know better. I can at least claim to be sane. I guess we'll find out in a few years after having a cd or 2 out and doin some major tours, maybe then I'll lose it, who knows.
So besides that, no blogworthy news so far this week, been rather ho-hum really.
______ of the day: Shine on you crazy diamond
The tired/hungry Ogukuo

No comments: