10 July 2006

Let's go get the shit kicked out of us by love

So I watched Love, Actually with Paul and Andrea last night. That nice line in my title is from the movie. So no jumping down my throat about swearing, its a quote, but a wonderful application of a potty word anyway. Its said by a little boy who has been trying for a little girl in his class to like him. Like, these are 10-year-olds or something. He says that to his stepdad when he has finally worked up the courage to go talk to the girl. How amazingly true it is, too. I mean, trying to approach a girl about unsaid but obviously understood topic is pretty much the most nerve racking thing that can happen. Especially for a guy approaching a girl about it. Girls (not all, but some) like to "play the game" and mess with your heart (and don't you dare respond that they don't, cause you know its true, and I've talked to girls who have outright told me they do it to watch the guy sweat). I'm talking about a girl intentionally acting a certain way to make a guy miserable because she knows he likes her. Most guys don't do that. A guy may be mean about it, but the girl knows how he feels. I'd rather know where I stand than have a girl play with my heart like a dog plays with a chew toy (make any analogies there you wish, I'm implying them all). Of course, in the movie the girl is nice, and they end up as together as two 10-year-olds from different continents can. But, of course, thats a movie. Real life it ain't.
I can't wait for school to start again so that everyone is back, but at the same time, its so nice being able to avoid the girl scene (trouble) for the most part over the summer. So, in other words, I am again reminding myself of my persistance to be single for the time being. I hope that I can sooner or later actually work up the courage of a 10-year-old, but not right now. Pursuing is a 24-hour-a-day temptation, one that I'm trying to avoid right now, cause I don't want a girlfriend right now, and it would only end up in me being hurt yet once again. And don't leave any crappy kitschy comments about 'the one being out there' or 'good things come to those who wait', yeah, super, that'd earn you the status of old nosey church lady back home who asks me with a wink why I'm staying in Iowa (no, not anyone in particular, but you know the type I'm talking about). I'm not looking for reassurance or anything stupid like that, just stating my general intentions to not waste my time/feelings/heart for the time being. My family track record ain't real great for getting married early, and it looks like I'm gonna follow suit, and at least wait a few more months to even consider putting myself out there again to either find someone awesome or have another girl play the game with me being the ball.
Ok, this post is way too long, and sounds bitter, but it isn't, or at least I'm not bitter, even if the post appears that way.
_______ of the day: "One day you'll see her and you'll know what I mean"
The off-work Ogukuo

1 comment:

Andrea said...

Lauralee and I asked Bonnie for a day off tomorrow...and she gave it to us! She actually gave us both permission to go to Sioux Falls!! Eek! So exciting. Enjoy sweltering while I shop. I don't know who to feel more sorry for...