31 July 2006

I hate assumptions!

I hate making assumptions about my life that seem plausable at the time, but in reality have very little chance of panning out. I realized that I do that way too much. Even as a kid, I figured by the time I was the age I am now I'd have my own house, be married, and traveling the world. In reality, I live in the unfinished basement of a small house, "traveling" means goin to Sioux Falls for an evening, and yeah, the married thing, not so much. Ok, so I'm not complaining about my life currently, cause I like it, its just not how I envisioned it being at this point when I was younger. And now I have different assumptions in my head for the future, and who really knows if any of them will actually happen or not. These range from assumptions about relationships with girls to what I'll be doin at my job to whether or not OJK will take off (yeah, some are a bit more far fetched than others). But I make these assumptions, then start to plan my life (long term or short term) around them. And, a majority of the time (esp with the assumptions about girls) they don't pan out, and I'm left revamping my plans. I mean, not like I make any major changes in my life over any assumptions, just what goes thru my head as far as what I plan on doin.
But, what can I do? I mean, its not like I just can't plan anything, and besides I spend most of my day doing mindless work, so my brain has to do something to occupy itself. Thus, it turns to various assumptions and runs with them. And somehow it turns from bland daydreaming just to keep my brain moving to elaborate plans usually focused on one small detail that just happens to be an assumption I've made about one aspect or another about my life. As of late, thats been redesigning and re-redesigning my house in my head. And I mean details!! And major changes, the house won't look the same on the inside at all. But, of course, that whole thing is based on the assumption that I will be able to buy this house, and live here long enough to actually make those changes.
So I resolve to try to stop making so many assumptions about life, but I know it won't happen.
And now, I assume I'll finish this post and go upstairs for some food.
________ of the day: They'll stone ya when you're playing your guitar
The assuming Ogukuo

2 comments:

Andrea said...

insert comment here

Andrea said...

You should post. I'm sure you're not sleeping yet.