22 July 2006

Just another Saturday morning, and I ain't got nobody...

So, yet another Saturday morning where I should be doin laundry, cleaning up my room, etc etc etc. And I'm not. And I wont, not at least for another few hours. And by the time I do finally get started on all that, something will happen, and I'll leave all the stuff I should have done already to go out and have fun. That kinda seems to be the m.o. for my Saturdays. I mean, I like the funness and all, but yeah, I really should be gettin stuff done too. Perhaps once I'm done with this post, I'll get started........
Went to Blue Mountain last night with a few people, including Taz. It was a blast, very much enjoyed it. I really like that place, its the first time I've been there. A bit spendy, but, makes sense, it is a nice place.
So I think I'll be presenting a bit of design work to my boss at some point next week, thus basically coming to the point in my job where I either find out I'll be moved to design work (either right away, or eventually), or I find out they don't have the space/need/want for another designer. So, in other words, kind of a scary ordeal. I mean, the outcome could very well effect where I'll be working the rest of the year, this winter, and for the near extended future. If they like my work, and move me to design, I'll probably be staying on at Greenworld for a while. If they decide against that, I dunno what will happen. I mean, my job as it stands right now doesn't use my college experiance, skills, and gifts at all. I feel like I've wasted my time at school, and my talents are not being excersized like they should be. So I may have to look for another job that will use those skills if Greenworld decides they don't need them. I know, I've only been out of school for like 2 months, and it takes a while to find the right job, and thats fine with me. The problem I am worried about is possibly getting a semi-mediocre job somewhere (GW or another place) that carries some responsiblility but doesn't really keep with the general idea of design that I want to stick with. Cause then I'd have a tough time leaving the job, but yet probably wouldn't be happy, cause I wouldn't really be doin what I want to be doin. I'm afraid if I stay on at GW but don't move to design, I'll be carrying more responsibility around the yard next year, and eventually I'd have a job where they would need me around, but I wouldn't be getting a good return on my investment in school, meaning I still wouldn't be using my gifts/skills. So, yeah, thats gonna be weighing on my mind this weekend.
Ok, I smell breakfast wafting down the stairs, I should go see whats cookin.
______ of the day: Mares eat oats and does eat oats, but little lambs eat ivy.
The Saturday-morning-unshaven Ogukuo

1 comment:

Andrea said...

So every time I've heard you say that little phrase about mares and does, I thought you were speaking gibberish. And now I see it written out and I'm still confused.