06 January 2007

Odds and ends

Nothing major to blog about.....
Heard a country cover of Hinder's Lips of an Angel, and a little piece of me died inside. Now, granted, that song was never the greatest song ever written, but it was pretty good. That is, until it got played on the radio every 2 hours for 6 months straight. And then country-ized. So, it basically went from a decent listenable song to not even worth stopping on the radio dial for.
I just looked thru a photo album for one of the boys who lives here, James. He totally rocks. Always a smile on his face. Hes one of those guys who makes you feel better about life just by being around him. And he loves to sing, its fun to listen to him too.
Its the weekend. For most people at least, my first real day off is gonna be next Friday. I have Monday off, but I'm driving down to Omaha and back then. Its not a bad thing, and I don't mind it, just a lack of free time.
Another week and people start showing up again, right? Something like that? Looking forward to it, but its also gonna be sad, because alot of close friends aren't coming back :(.
I made a batch of M&M cookies tonight, they are pretty good. I also made chicken enchiladas to cook tomorrow night for dinner. With some ambition (often lacking) and flipping thru the cook book, hopefully this will happen more often. Actually, thats my next activity for tonight, looking thru the cook book for something else that looks tasty and easy to make. With any luck I may be self-sufficent yet. Well, in the food making realm, anyway. All I need now is my own clean, large, dishwasher-equiped, pantry equiped, stainless steel kitchen. Tomorrow I work on folding clothes...
I have a slight headache. Its been coming and going for the past week or so. Perhaps a sinus thing, seems to be a common theme for the past few winters.
My soul goal for tomorrow is to replace a hose on my car and hopefully revive it to running status. Doesn't sound hard, but you have to consider my a) lack of daylight in which to operate, as I don't get up til 3 pm, and my eyes aren't open til 4 at best, and b) my extreme ineptitude with anything resembling auto mechanics. If you happen to see my trapped under the hood of a car at any point, please render all assitance possible.
Well, I think this post is odd enough to end.
______ of the day: seeing daylight again at some point would be nice.
The nocturnal Ogukuo

1 comment:

Andrea said...

You missed Robin Hood: Men in Tights. Of course, I slept through half of it. But it still was good, even w/ my eyes closed.