26 January 2007

For all you artsy types...

There's a gallery opening Saturday night! In the Humble Bean. If you've happened to wander in there over the past few weeks you've probably noticed some new pieces adorning the walls, those would be my photography works. I'm holding the official opening Saturday evening, starting around 7. I'll be speaking a bit about the works at 7:30. I'm also bribing people with homemade carmel fudge brownies and M&M cookies and trail mix (not homemade). The last batch of brownies was taken out of the oven 2 minutes ago, literally. So if you are interested in photography, or just like baked goods come to the Bean Saturday evening.
Ok, done with the commercial, time for a blog. Everyone is either gone for good, gone for a while, or gone to ACTF. It's fricken boring around here!!! Last night I was so bored I had a sugar packet eating contest with some random guy in the grille. Ok, just kidding, I actually worked in the darkroom a bit and (surpise!) hung out in the Bean. In a moment of optimism I bought a roll of canvas at the bookstore. I tell myself I'm gonna use it to paint on. I hope it actually sees that use instead of sitting in my basement nicely folded up holding the carpet down. I have a 3 day weekend starting in a few hours. Tomorrow night will most likely end up being wasted (the time, not me) b/c no one is really around. Saturday night will be spent doing the art opening thing and attending the Peasants concert, which will hopefully lead to some sort of social gathering back at the townhouse. I'm hoping to find someone who has cable on Sunday night because the History channel is doing a special on Fort Knox then. Yeah, I lead such an exciting life. I accidentally called a friend of mine tonight who I haven't talked to since summer, and before that for years. In my phone contacts list she is SaraH, and I was trying to call my sister, Sarah. Stupid capital letters. But it was fun talking to her, kinda like opening a time capsule talking to someone you haven't for a long time. That last sentance was poorly written, but I don't feel like changing it, you know what I mean. I'm really really tired. The past few nights (er, days) I haven't gotten more than 6 good hours of sleep each. I was gonna take a nap tonight at work, but I ended up baking 2.5 dozen cookies and two pans of brownies, it took a long time. And now its too late, not worth trying to sleep. But, 7 am is but a few hours away, and then I shall find several hours of blissful unconscieness. I'm debating about dreading my hair, what do you think?
_______ of the day: Oh goodness, what are we gonna do with you?
The baked Ogukuo

No comments: