03 December 2006

Status Quo

I've come to a few realizations the past few days. First, I'm glad to be alive, and second, I want to be musical.
For anyone who is feeling down about life, I highly recommend watching Garden State. I watched it a few nights ago at work, and it made me so glad to be alive. I dunno, it just seemed to kinda kick me and say "hey, live life to its fullest, enjoy what you have, strive for what you don't, and cut your losses for what you can't have". Good words to hear, even in the abstract. Not to mention some recent events in my life have made me very grateful for what I have and what I take for granted. You probably don't know what I'm talking about, but be thankful with me for certain things that arn't nearly as bad as they could have been. I think being away from family is taking its toll. Being home for Christmas and seeing those who are the closest to me will be a very very good thing. I just wish they new me better for who I am and what I do. As much as I love my family, I don't think they get how much art and music play a part in my life. I guess its my job to try to enlighten them.
I also am going to try from this point on to make a concerted effort to spend more time playing piano, guitar, and writing music. Since those talents don't exactly shine at this point I want to work on them so that I can be more accomplished in them. I know somewhere buried deep down I really have a talent for music, its just a matter of finding it and practicing and bringing it out. And not working on that would be wasteful and sinful and just plain a shame. God, please give me discipline.
_______ of the day: I'll take boring over tragic
The thankful Ogukuo

1 comment:

Andrea said...

Maybe over break I'll watch Garden State. Sheryl loved that movie, too.