06 December 2006

Oops, I forgot a title

Greetings and welcome to another mid night fireside talk. I'm writing a bit early tonight, but I'm trying to avoid watching tv all night at work. I've kinda done that the last few nights, and I wanna get something productive done instead. Wait a minute, I'm blogging!! Well, its not tv, its a step in the right direction.
I had my first dream about work last night. Normally I'm off work at 6:30 just when the kids are getting up, but a a few times now I've stuck around for the morning ruitine of showers, breakfast, etc. That'll prolly happen more with bad weather delaying the morning people from coming in. Anyway, my dream was about the morning shift. And its wierd, cause it was partially very realistic, like I was actually in the home where I work, the kids I work with were here, and the layout was all the same. And I was helping them thru the morning ruitine that I'd actually be helping them with. But the dream was also very odd, cause there was one door in the room that lead to an indoor tennis court (FYI, that doesn't exist for realsies here). So when I had a few minutes between getting the boys ready and doin room checks, etc (which does happen, theres always a few breaks in the ruitine) I would step in there and play some tennis. I'd play for a while, then go back and keep the boys moving and getting ready for school. I dunno, very strange. Analize me, I'm sure its a sign of something.
On an unrelated note, I realized something yesterday (or Sunday, I dunno with my new sleeping sch its really hard to tell what "yesterday", "today", and "tomorrow" mean anymore). My group of 6 buds from highschool are all gonna be in Ripon over Christmas break. Kinda rare that we'll all be there at the same time, hasn't happened more than a few times since HS grad. Looking forward to it, should be some quality catching up time (most likely over lunch at Pizza Plus and a game of Risk, hurray for silly traditions!!). However, I realized that in the 5 years (yikes!!) since graduating HS, one of my old friends is married, 2 more are gonna be this summer, and all 5 of the guys besides me have "real" jobs. And here I am working the graveyard shift at a temporary job. Ok, its full time, pays decently, and I get some perks like paid days off, etc, but its by no means what I would call a career. And I have no hint of a girl. Seems like I'm kinda running last in the race. And part of me feels bad about it, since they are all getting settled into life and I'm not, while part of me is glad. I mean, I like still hanging out with all the college kids, having social gatherings every weekend and basically living bachelor life to its fullest (as in a messy room and unmade bed). And obviously there would be a significant sacrafice there when I find a job and/or girl. I was talking to someone this past weekend about how that special someone will change me. And duh, of course thats gonna happen. And finding a career type job will change me too. Part of me wants those changes, and part of my doesn't. And the part of me that doesn't seems to be holding on pretty strong since I'm taking no major steps towards changing either of those areas. Its gonna be interesting to look back in 5 years and see how I progress from a 23 year old hanging on to college life to being more settled down and living a "real" life. That is, assuming that in 5 years I've reached that point, tough to say. Who knows, by then I may be traveling the country in the biggest band since the Beatles.
Well, I have pleanty more to say, but I'll save it for later.
___________________ of the day: Thats an awefully big ____, I don't think I have anything profound enough to fill it
The "I'm 2/3 the way thru my 13 hour work day! yay!" Ogukuo

No comments: