19 February 2008

Today I…

-Saw a bald eagle. It was beautiful, bold, graceful. I'd never seen one around here before, I think it was a real treat.
-Played chess with one of my boys. First time I've played in a very long time. I miss the challenge, the intellectual stimulation.
-Did yoga. Kinda. Only a few poses, and not for very long. I didn't feel much from it afterwards, but I haven't really committed to it much, just getting a fell for the poses.
-Got up too early. Actually, I got up on time for work, but "on time" was too early. I'd love to be one of those people who gets up early every day and goes for a walk, does yoga, reads the paper, and has time to spare before work. Alas, my current situation does not allow for it. Perhaps when I get a more regular job. That probably won't make me a morning person tho.
-Worked a twelve hour day. It left me no free time today, but I guess having a four day work week can be nice.
-Mailed a letter. Not as fast and convenient as email, but much more fun to write!
-Took an hour long nap. This is huge for me, normally if I nap, it has to be at least 2 hours, or it's not worth it. An hour was nice, enough time to be rested, but didn't take up all my time at home.
-Saw pheasants in the backyard at work. It was awesome to see them up close without them running away. Dumb birds, but pretty.
-Bought pop tarts for work. It will make my Friday morning much smoother.
-Switched from a Sunday morning shift to a Sunday afternoon shift. I'm looking forward to sleeping in and going to church.
-Made a list of things to get done tomorrow, my day off.
-Received an unexpected check from work, yay!
-Realized that even boring Tuesdays seem much better when you take the time to think about what you've actually gotten done.
______ of the day: All the small things...
The hungry Ogukuo

1 comment:

Paul K said...

bald eagles, nap, other stuff OH MY!!