21 February 2008

Don't accept that whats happening is just a case of others suffering or you'll find that your joining in the turning away.

Last night I was talkin with my mom on the phone and she said she thinks I'm showing signs of s.a.d. I kinda wrote it off and didn't give it much consideration, but alot of the symptoms are simular to what I'm dealing with right now. Even on days off when I get enough sleep I feel tired, and its really hard to get out of bed. But then again, I've never been a morning person. I've lost interest in alot of my hobbies. But then again, its hard to practice photography when its zero degrees outside, and the lack of band action is more about busy schedules than loss of interest. I do feel more grumpy and anxious. But then again, I have a high stress job, I'm in a long distance relationship (getting harder by the day), and I'm facing major changes and uncertainty coming up in my life. I've gained weight. But then again, the lack of warm weather is not condusive to activities such as riding bike, walking, or playing tennis. Evidentally I was kinda the same way last year at this time (this is what I'm told, I'm not observant enough to remember).
So do I show signs of s.a.d., or is it just a matter of stress, up coming change and uncertainty, and crappy weather converging at the same spot? Or is that what makes one suffer from s.a.d.? Maybe its just been the lack of any real down time thats got me feeling this way. I don't mean days off, I mean like a vacation, time away from the norm. I get that next week, thank goodness :). I'm ready for the simple pleasure of being away from work and chores for a week.
Why is it that in a situation where I see courage in someone else, I see weakness in myself?
_______ of the day: It's not enough just to stand and stare.
The On the Turning Away Ogukuo

1 comment:

Paul K said...

honestly, I think you would have to be superhuman to not suffer from something similar to s.a.d. during an Iowa winter.