27 November 2007

Post #100!!!

Wow, 100 posts already, amazing! And how fitting that I spend this momentous occasion alone at the computer after midnight...
So, I hate goodbyes. I don't understand the "good" part of them. I guess the pain they bring really is Bittersweet. Maybe the good part is the fact that its hard because your saying goodbye to someone very special. The goodbye reminds you of how those people truly are special, and that your life just isn't the same without them around. If a goodbye isn't hard, thats when its time to be sad. A goodbye is real, its full of emotion and love and caring and unspeakable communication and hope and somewhere, deep deep down, some sort of peace. Its a peace, a knowledge of a connection, something that is greater than physical togetherness. Its that something that makes people truly close, even when they are far apart from eachother. And despite all this sappy crap about goodbyes, I still hate them :).
______ of the day: Iowa is a hard state to return to
The goodbye'd Ogukuo

4 comments:

Paul K said...

two things
1) I have 125 posts THIS YEAR! Ha, take that!

2) I think the good refers to your wishes for those you are leaving. It has lost its punch, but I figure "I hope all things are well until I get to see you again" is a good way to think about goodbye. Which makes them no less crappy, but a little more logically named.

Andrea said...

Congrats on your 100th post. I have you beat....I'm at 180 something (in 2 years, though...I'm not as much of a loser as that Paul kid.) :)

I echo your sentiment.

Reido Bandito said...

Well done, Phillip. Well done.

alan said...

I have accidentally stolen a toque that apparently belongs to you. It is black and gray. I am sorry. I will bring it back to your house asap.