03 November 2007

Everybody likes Saturday mornings, right?

I am at work right now. I wish I wasn’t. I wish I was in bed. I wish I had regular weekends. I wish I worked regular hours. I wish I had the freedom of evenings. But, I like having random Wednesdays off. And four day work weeks. And getting paid to go bowling. Or to the library or grocery store or park. I like working with kids. I like the people I work with. I don’t like the artificial “drama”. I wish time away from work was really time away from work. I wish I had time away from work when I wasn’t too tired to do anything.
We just turned on the heaters at work, now there’s that ‘dust in the heater vent’ smell that people hate for some reason. I love it with a passion. It reminds me of going to the family cabin as a kid, cause we’d always have to turn the heater on for the first time in a long time, so it would smell like that. So every time I smell it now, it brings me back to the cabin. And thinking of the cabin makes me think of Thanksgiving, cause we’re going to a cabin over Thanksgiving in a few weeks. And I am uber stoked about it. Like, uber uber stoked. I can’t wait to go home! Especially now, smelling the cabin smell! Here’s a small list of things I’m looking forward to over Thanksgiving: Seeing Andrea, seeing my family, Aunt Katherine’s sweet potatoes, turkey!!!, seeing mountains, being in the mountains, seeing Andrea, wine tasting, leftover turkey, a fire place, leftover turkey, and seeing Andrea. Not necessarily in that order, of course. Things I’m looking forward to before Thanksgiving: Obsessing about Thanksgiving :). Ok, so I’m trying to keep myself occupied until then, so I don’t have time to dwell on it, but it is indeed immanent.
So how about that sports team we all enjoy?
______ of the day: kafuffle
The pining Ogukuo
p.s. nothing says Saturday morning like John Denver singing Sunshine on my shoulder.

1 comment:

Andrea said...

Pining? Don't you mean "evergreening"? :)