08 November 2007

ummm, work?

Well, I was wrong about working 13 hours on Thursday. Its gonna be closer to 15 or 16. And with only 5 hours of sleep last night. I’m exhausted. And I was also wrong about having a 3 day weekend, I’m working Friday afternoon and evening. All told, I’ll have worked 8 days straight, and clocked well over 50 hours this week. Not the end of the world I guess, just of my social life. I’m not too upset, I’m working cause evidentially the latest form of entertainment amongst our staff is being sick. I’m working all my regular shifts plus an extra tomorrow evening to cover for someone. At least tomorrow I get to sleep past 7:00 am the first time since last Thursday. Next week should be a little more docile, but then I think I work 7 days straight before heading home for Thanksgiving. Hopefully that’ll make the time go by quickly :).
On an unrelated note, OJK has been hit up with some sorta interest in our music by an A&R thingy. As you can tell my use of technical jargon and concise statements, I have no idea what its all about. Except that it means that our sound has something to it. And that it’s a possible break. A break at a bad time, but a break none the less. I echo Andrew’s sentiment, why couldn’t this have happened a year ago? But its cool, none the less.
And now I’m done, its too hard to write when I’m seeing two screens and they are both spinning around (I’m tired).
_______ of the day: A&R thingy
The tired Ogukuo

1 comment:

Andrea said...

I snuggled with Jasmine today. Just thought you'd like to know. :) And I recommend The Ringer...we should watch it over Christmas.