11 November 2007

Stuck in the Middle

I have, once again, experienced a social life. If only for a night. It was grand. In the span of one evening I did many different things with many different people, all of whom are awesome. I feel as if these moments are becoming rarer and rarer-er. Part of me hates that these days are slipping away, and part of me is almost glad. I like hearing stories from my dad of Saturdays spent painting the house and running to the hardware store, and Sundays doing the same thing he has done on Sundays for the past 30 years. I look forward to the days when I do things like that. Set schedules, relaxed weekends, getting "back into the swing of things" for my 9 to 5 that will start again on Monday. The funny thing is I really enjoy looking forward to those things, but the thought of those times actually encroaching on my current life is not as enjoyable. I'm stuck between loving where I am now and loving where I envision my life going. I guess I feel like my current life is coming to a close, and my "grown up" life is yet to begin. Its ironic that I take comfort in what I know now, which is the unpredictable; and I'm scared of what I don't know yet, which will be a predictable life. I know the unknown, and don't know the known.
I am listening to The Starting Line, I like them. But not as much as Jimmy Eat World.
______ of the day: Are you alone? - The Starting Line
The middled Ogukuo

2 comments:

Paul K said...

Yes, yes I am the starting line. Thanks for pointing it out. *sigh*

It was a fantastic night, eh.

Andrea said...

You're making me jealous.