03 December 2007

So here's a little rant...

About "the system".
So my roommate just got a ticket while driving my car because my plates are expired. The ticket is in his name, etc, but of course, its my fault cause its my car. I totally understand this. Evidently, my plates have been expired since September. So obviously, I deserved the ticket.
My beef is why my plates were expired in the first place. Generally speaking, I'm pretty sure that registration lasts a year right? And I know for a fact that one's birthday is also a default date for setting registration dues (Happy Birthday, you owe us money). Now, I registered the car in May, and my birthday is in March. Why on earth did my plates expire in September? Thats 4 months after I registered my car, and 6 months from my birthday. Silly me, when I received a notice in August to pay my registration, and it said "disregard if you have paid already", I assumed that I had, since I'd paid just a few months earlier. Now I have to pay to register my car (plus fees and charges, cause I'm 3 months late on it), and pay a $90 ticket. Does this make sense to anyone? Don't get me wrong, I don't blame the patrolman at all, he was totally right for giving me the ticket, my plates were expired, after all. But why on earth were my plates expired?? I'm very frustrated and much poorer now because of this. And I have no idea why I'm in this situation to begin with. I have no choice but to pay the ticket, if I brought it to court the judge would take one look at it, see that my plates were indeed expired and make me pay anyway (not to mention whatever other costs would be involved). I hate having to just eat $90 for no reason whatsoever. Paying the registration hurts, but I owe it. I dunno why I owe it this early, but I do.
Living paycheck to paycheck is a lot harder when suddenly a large chunk of your income disappears for reasons unbeknownst to you.
______ of the day: I'm gonna have to cancel my ski trip to Vail, shopping trip to New York, and that 3 week Caribbean cruise now.
The even poorer Ogukuo

1 comment:

Nick said...

I say stick it to the man, man!