30 April 2008

Washington is to Iowa as Mountainous is to...

I got back from visiting Andrea in Washington last night. It was a great time! We did tons of fun stuff, most of which were games of catch. I also wondered around Bellingham by myself for a good portion of Friday. This was a wonderful experiance, I'm starting to fall in love with Bellingham. And Birch Bay. And the beautiful view from Lynden on a clear day. And many more small things about the area that are too numerous to list here.

Now that I am back, however, I am feeling unmotivated to do anything. You know that feeling of returning from vacation and getting back "home" and settling in? I don't feel it at all. I feel like I left what I am comfortable with and came back to what I'm doing just to get by. Knowing that I'm moving to the area I just left makes it feel more like home. And leaving someone to return "home" is really more like saying goodbye and leaving home.

And knowing that I'm returning to 5 straight days of work doesn't help. I don't have a free evening until next Monday. I think it is this particular aspect of life out here that I am really ready to move on from. And as soon as possible. Its hard knowing that I'm done in just a few months, but for now I'm kinda stuck. Especially when I'm already dreading going in pretty much every day.

But, back to happy news, it looks as if my job situation out there is starting to align itself. Its too early to say yet, but its looking good. And it sounds like a job where I wouldn't be stuck in an office 40 hours a week, this is very happy. Also, my grandparents have a strong chance of getting a house in Lynden, which is good. I've been considering this for one of my housing options for the fall, so knowing that its more of an option is a good thing.

Well, on to take a shower where I have little water pressure, questionable hot water, and no vent fan to wisk away the steam. And thats after a week with access to a shower with awesome pressure, unending hot water, and a real vent to keep the bathroom unfogged. But its ok, my corner of the unfinished basement with thin carpet rolled out over concrete is so much nicer than a fully padded and carpeted room with a real bedroom door and a window.

______ of the day: How many more months?

The ready-to-move-on Ogukuo

3 comments:

Paul K said...

Hey man, our house rocks. Though a bathroom vent WOULD be nice.

Andrea said...

Way to keep a positive spin. :)

NWTrucker said...

What????? All this talk about beautiful Bellingham and gorgeous Washington? and not one mention about staying at your Uncle Dennis and Aunt Jennie's house? How dare you!!!! And to think that we were thinking about having you over sometime after you move here. YOU JUST BLEW THAT, BUDDY!!!!!!