17 April 2008

Better take the stairs...

-I just played tennis for the first time in something like 8 months. I was tired by the time the warm up was over. Between desperate gasps for breath I was planning my will expecting the worst. I believe this is a sign of a need for a change in my "fitness routine". Creating one would be a change, right? Anyone who wants to play tennis/racketball/catch/checkers/pretty much anything that involves exerting physical energy, lemme know.

-I'm considering moving upstairs in a few weeks when a coupla roommates move out. This is for a few reasons. It'd be a good excuse to sort/streamline my possessions for my upcoming move this summer. Plus having a real bedroom with a real door and a closet and windows is very appealing. Not to mention it would be nice to not have to walk up and down the stairs 87 times a day just to commute from my room to the kitchen/livingroom/bathroom/outside world. But being in the basement when its rediculously hot this summer is also appealing. And hauling all my crap upstairs when I don't need to isn't appealing, but would probably be good in the long run.

-Am I justified in sleeping in til 10 am on my days off when my work days leave me very sleep deprived? I mean, I slept 4 hours later today than yesterday. That can't be a healthy pattern. How I yearn for a job where I can have a normal sleep pattern. Thats not too much to ask, is it?

-I am currently extremely excited about the prospect of making bread by hand. I realize, this makes me sound sorta odd, but its true. Bread is such a basic thing, but if Sara Lee decided to retire, would I have the know-how to fend for myself??

-Does anyone know when Season 4 of The Office will come out on DVD? I'm gonna avoid watching any episodes from season 4 til I can see them all in order. And I'd rather watch them on DVD than online, its just not the same. Especially on my computer.

-I have laundry wrinkling in the dryer and food upstairs not being eaten, and both of these are signs that I must take action quickly.

______ of the day: In the end, you will be loved.

The out of shape Ogukuo

5 comments:

Paul K said...

a casual game of catch sounds glorious right now.

Andrea said...

I would play catch but for two reasons:
1. It's snowing here.
2. I can't throw that far.

Mela said...

I still don't know where you got Ogukuo from..
And I could see why moving upstairs to have your own room would be appealing, but seriously! - HOT in the summer. If I were you, I'd stay put, but thats just my opinion.
And sleeping until 10 doesn't sound bad to me. I woulda slept till noon today if my body would let me, but it didn't.. Got up at 10 and i was glad I did because it was a BEAUTIFUL day today!! hope you enjoyed it.

Mela said...

oh, and most important of all, i'd love to play raquetball - if you're not toooo good at it because I'm not very good, (but I'm not horrible either...?)

Reido Bandito said...

To me you'll always be the "roommate beneath the stairs"