12 April 2008

A short week

Wow, this week makes up for all those times in the past when I said that time just drags. I can’t believe it’s the weekend already, it feels like I just walked out of church last Sunday.

I’ve done a lot of stuff that I haven’t done for a long time (or ever); saw some long lost friends, went to Platte, SD, watched Enchanted, ate at a nice restaurant, watched The Office with more than just passing time in mind, and had the chance to make the living room look all pretty with candles and flowers and the such. Oh yeah, I also hung out with Andrea a few times :).

You know, I’ve been thinking a lot about how amazing it is that I have the chance to do what I want with my life. I look at what I’ve left behind in CA (some things I miss, some I don’t), and what I’ve gained by living in Iowa. And I also look at what I’ll lose by moving to WA (again, some things I’ll miss, some I won’t). I can’t wait to see what I’ll gain by living in WA. I look at people who have made their own lives miserable by choices they have made and realize that what we make out of life is really what we get out of it. I could spend my time lamenting what I don’t have (the list is long, just like everyone), or I could enjoy what I do have and work hard to get the things I want.

I have been accused of complaining about things a lot, and I can’t say that I’m not guilty of this. But the truth is that I really do enjoy the hand I have been dealt. And you know why? Cause I’m gonna make the most of this hand. Last night I played guitar for the first time in a long while. This is really sad. Here I have a beautiful guitar sitting in my room, the full capability to play it, and the love of music to enjoy it. And for a long time it just sat there. Ok, so I can’t play like some of my (former) roommates. But I enjoy guitar, and I shouldn’t let the fact that I’m mediocre at playing keep me from doing so. I’ll just let it keep me from playing in public :).

Sorry for the rather obvious revelation, but it helps me remember to stick to it if I broadcast it. Especially in the next few months, as they will probably bring me many new opportunities and directions to take my life. Its exciting to be at a point in my life where I can see God’s plans for me starting to unfold in such a tangible way.

And now I digress in the interest of hunting down some cake from the kitchen.

______ of the day: Know when to hold ‘em.
The Ogukuo

1 comment:

Reido Bandito said...

Do you have a set date for when you're moving?