08 January 2008

Door knobs and taxes

Wow, its 2008. Thats something that didn't strike me until sometime late on December 31, 2007. Yes, I knew it was New Years, and was planning on a "party", but the fact that it was going to be 2008 just somehow didn't hit home. But, I have now written out a few checks and am secure in the fact that it is indeed 2008. I'm sure I will be even more aware of this as tax forms start rolling in for the close of 2007. I have decided I don't like taxes. Not so much the fact that I have to pay them, thats inevitable. But the fact that I need to fill out much paper work and prove this, that, and the next thing. I have a tough enough time remembering when payday is much less where it all goes.
In happier news, our house now has a fully functioning door knob on the front door!! This may seem like a simple luxary, mostly cause it is. Its now a simple luxary we can claim :). Also jerry-rigged a new light switch in our kitchen. Evidentally we have the only house ever built with this very messed up style of wiring, so getting any switches is impossible. Thru a bit of trial and error, leading to much amusement and frustration, we now have a low voltage momentary contact switch that closely resembles a missle launch button. But, amazingly, it does the job and does not interfer with the rest of the lights in the house.
I have decided that watching HGTV makes me operate in a mindset that is entirely outside my price range. This is highly disappointing. I yearn for the day when I have a house of my own to work on. Of course, I say this now, once I have one I'll probably hate being tied to it.
I've run out of blog topics I want to write about, so I'll stop.
______ of the day: Muse has a song called Fillip, that is funny.
The unworded Ogukuo

2 comments:

Whitney said...

Hurrah!! to the fixed door knob.

Andrea said...

I can't even fathom a fixed doorknob. It would make me think twice about leaving.