29 December 2007

Christmas!

Wow, its been the busiest week off at home I’ve ever had! For the sake of avoiding annoyingly long stories and odd phrases I use that no one understands, I’ll simply skim some of the high and lowlights in list form.

-After a rather stressful evening of much phone tag and waiting, Andrea’s flight came in only 1.5 hours late instead of 14 hours late. Prayers are indeed answered :)

-I enjoyed 4 days of family Christmas-ness. Although it wasn’t the family I’m used to spending Christmas with, it was quite nice. This is the first time I’ve been away from my family for Christmas, it was rather odd. And to go along with that, this was the first white Christmas I’ve ever experienced.

-I can no longer say that I’ve never played Guitar Halo. I mean Hero. Sadly, and to my dismay, I found it quite entertaining. This may be one video game that I actually would enjoy playing. Alert the papers.

-Having many many visitors over Christmas is uber fun, but also time consuming. It leads to things like a very messy kitchen, and lack of time to clean it up.

-Somehow, 6 days of work is eternally longer than 6 days off from work.

-I got lots of stuff that I haven’t had time to really look at yet. I even got some gifts twice!!

-Dates can be stressful.

-Dates can be very fun.

-I like surprises, giving them and getting them.

-Goats are awesome.

-Sometimes the simplicity of a normal work schedule is the single most element I want added to my life right now.

-However, I do enjoy a job where I can show up, punch in, and sleep for 2 hours before doing anything.

-Next week should be fun again, with New Years and a trip down to Omaha.

That’s a brief overview of Christmas, what I got isn’t so much important as what I did. And who was here, and the time we got to spend together.

_______ of the day: I forget, its that thing, you know…

The working-on-Saturday Ogukuo

1 comment:

Andrea said...

Guitar Halo, eh? :)