27 November 2006

What time is it?

So, I came to the conclusion that its Monday a few hours ago. It took me a while to figure that one out. Cause my timeline has been all screwed up the past week or so without a steady job and with everyone gone. And because I'vd worked 2 overnights now, so my body is still trying to figure that out. Last night my car decided it no longer wanted to have headlights, so it didn't. Thankfully Andrea is wonderful and let me take her car to work. Unthankfully, my boss decided I should see what the morning ruitine is like this morning. So that means that instead of goin home at 6:30 being totally exhausted, I went home at 9 being beyond totally exhausted. All in all, I didn't get to bed til 10 this morning after getting up at 1 yesterday afternoon. So thats what, 21 straight hours? Ick, this job is gonna be tough. I got up at 4ish this afternoon, and now its 11 pm, I have the night off and don't know what to do. If I go to bed anytime before 4 am I'll be totally screwed for tomorrow nights shift, but I dunno what to do for the next 5 hours. I don't wanna watch movies or anything, cause thats what I'll be doin at work, so I dont wanna get sick of them already. And the Bean isn't open yet cause its still technically break. So I'm sitting at home, maybe I'll ride back to campus soon and see if I get lucky and snag someone walkin around campus.
I think I'm coming to the conclusion that it doesn't matter what I want. Either I'm not gonna get it, or I am, or I am going to eventually. I speak broadly here, of course, I mean in respect to all of life. But, for some reason it also seems like its the first senerio, where I don't get it. Of course, thats the selfish me speaking, the me that grew up in North America having everything I need, and pretty much anything I want. Ok, I can throw out a sob story about living in an unfinished basement and having a crappy job and whatever, but I have a job and a place to live and a car (two actually, as of tonight), and wonderful friends, and most everything else thats considered an extreme luxary by the rest of the world. And, of course, I take it all for granted. Every single thing I have I take for granted. Does that make me a bad person? Yeah, it does. I've been considering for the past six months or so eventually moving down to Guatemala to work with a mission that I did some work thru in the past. The family I worked for down there had no running water, no water at all actually except for what was caught when it rained. We built them a sistern to store that water. They lived in a concrete block house with no doors, windows or interior walls. It was a 3 generation family living in there. And somehow I still find time to complan about the fact that I live in the basement of a solid house with 3 tvs in it, 3 computers, at least 4 guitars, a piano, indoor plumbing, enough furnerature to seat at least 2 dozen people and a kitchen thats usually stocked with pleanty of food. Has my life gotten that pathetic that I've forgotten "the little things" that a majority of people in the world only dream about?
Ok, dunno where that rant came from, but its true. Well, its true, but its also very false, I'll leave that for the next post tho.
_______ of the day: hurray for material possessions meaning nothing
The too-rich Ogukuo

No comments: