05 November 2006

Here and there

So its November. Thanksgiving is, what 3 weeks away? Something like that. Right around that time is when I will no longer be employed by Greenworld (assuming I stick around til then). I have an app in at Hope Haven, and am looking forward to hearing from them in the next few days about a job there. Everyone who has worked there or who is currently working there tells me I dont need to worry, I'll get the job. So basically I'm counting on it. Even tho it'll prolly only be like 3 days a week to start with, it'll hopefully be enough to get me by. And with luck I'll be able to work my way up and get some more hours as well.
So, I'm even doing here in this blog, I'm writting with the assumpion that I get the job, cause I know they need someone and everyone says they'll take me. But what if they dont for whatever reason? They found someone else to fill it, they dont like my goatee, whatever, what if I dont get it? THen I think I'm stuck. Cause I don't know of any other jobs currently available that would pay enough to make it worth it, and I only have a few more weeks of work before I'm laid off. So, in other words, by the time I'm eating Thanksgiving dinner (if I even do that) I may be unemployed. Of course, thats worst case senerio, but I dont wanna count on anything yet that may not happen.
And either way, Christmas is gonna be interesting I think. I really wanna be home, cause if I don't go then, I wont see any of my family or friends from there until June. But I may not be able to afford to fly home, or I may not be able to get time off from work, if I have a job. And it'd be a real bummer to not see those people for another 6 months. Plus I really really wanna see mountains!!! I would kill (ok, not really) to be able to spend just one day up in the moutains. And if I were back in Cali, I know one of the things I would be doin is driving up to the mountains, rain snow sleet or shine. Snow is beautiful, but it is 10 times better when its on mountains.
Ok, enough of that, I should go find myself some "sunday dinner". And by that I mean toast with peanut butter.
_______ of the day: oil and water don't mix, neither do the colors blue and green in my wardrobe.
The hungry Ogukuo

No comments: