01 September 2006

It's about time

Its about time for another post. And, yes, it most certainly is all about time, because thats what I've been short on lately. Between work and life crap (as in paper work, paying bills, all the boring stuff) and seeing everyone coming back, I haven't had time to squeeze in a blog sideways. Until now, Its that awkward time between the end of the week and the beginning of the weekend, kinda like the twilight zone, but not at all, really.
So, lesse, um, yeah, people are back, but you know that, cause you are either one of them, or you are one of the ones who was always here who has also witnessed the return of the masses. Of course, I miss people who didn't return, and theres a whole ton of new faces which I don't recognize. I was getting a good impression of this years freshman class until the talent show last night. It was somewhat lackluster. There was an absolutely hilarious video of a girl hiding in a box and scaring the crap out of other girls, which in my opinion takes the cake for best act of the night. There was also an awesome clarinetist who played Amazing Grace quite well, but besides that, the stuff was rather mediocre. Hopefully theres lots of hidden talent in the freshman class, cause there wasn't much on the surface. And things went less than stellar on the techie end last night, but it was the first big production of the year, I have all faith in this years techies that they will pick it up quickly.
Work is about the same, boring as always. At least the past few days brought the slightest bit of variety, thank goodness. And now its a 3-day weekend!! I have no idea how I plan to spend my 72 hours of freedom, but I know I will enjoy them no matter what.
So, heres the real news, I'm gettin all my ducks in a row to throw my hat in the ring for the position of admission councelor at Dordt. I've seen the opening in the paper for most of the summer, and never gave it a thought til someone mentioned to me last Saturday that I should try for it, and I've heard from many others in the past week that they think I would be good at the job. So hopefully sometime early next week I'll have everything together to do that. I know, I'd be working for the institution, or 'the man', but I honestly feel that Dordt as a school is a good place, despite all the underlying problems. I'd be travelling alot, which sounds cool now, but may become a drag because of all the stupid laws that the gov't seems to think will somehow keep us safe. Thank goodness I can rest easy knowing the guy next to me doesn't have fingernail clippers or a water bottle, I feel much safer.
Ok, so enough on that little rant, we, being OJK, had our first full band rehersal in over 2 months earlier this week, and it was truly splendiferous. Totally awesome to have Andrew back so that we are back to our full rocking potential. And good sounds happened, as in totally awesome music. Which we hope to put out for public display sometime next week, not sure on the exact day yet, as far as I know. Whenever it happens, I can't wait, I know I'll be there, hopefully you will be too.
So, anyway, in order to help curb my habit of excessively long posts, I'll just stop here and perhaps write more later when stuff actually happens thats blogworthy.
The 3-day-weekend Ogukuo

1 comment:

Andrea said...

Ready fer the show?