18 September 2006

So much for Autumn!!

I have this odd feeling I'm falling off my blogging habit.
So, what a weekend. Friday night was planned to be comedy league and then a party at the farmhouse, and ended up being neither of those. Instead, the girls of WH108 came over here, we went shopping for Sunday dinner food, and then they made brownies and smoothies at my place. Twas a good time. A few of us watched Hero, myself not included. I was there in body, but fell unconscious at some point. Stupid lack of sleep the night before. And I'm bummed, cause it looked like a really good movie, so now I'm just gonna have to watch it again to actually see what happens.
Saturday saw some garage sailing in the morning, the picking up of a hymnal, horse shoe set and a new washer and dryer. We now have double laundry machines in our basement. Yippee. But, a functioning dryer again, so no more bringing loads of wet clothes over to Southview. The rest of the day was spend doing random household chores and general lounging. Then the funness started around 8 or so when a wave of people hit the house in celebration of Kara's 21st. A fun time was had by all, and somehow I ended up awake until 3:30 or so. Amazingly, I made it up at like 8:30 and to church Sunday morning. And, as one would expect, back in bed right after church for a nice 2 hour nap. And then a screening of Love Actually (that in itself will be a post sooner or later, cause I love that movie more and more each time I see it), and then the girls of WH108 came over again with a superb slow cooked roast for Sunday dinner/supper. And, some wonderful chips and dip. SOunds like thats gonna be a weekly event, which is very cool/awesome/spiffy/groovy/cats meow. Perhaps BBQ next week, yay! And then GIFT last night, which went well, the team is quite different now than last year, not sure yet what I think of it. But I liked the song selection, which is crucial, for me at least.
So, theres the review, and now a short preview: Winters here!!! Saturday was almost 90 degrees, and today we were stuck in the low 50s, it was horrid. I mean, I don't want 90s, but I could barely operate at work with the temps so low, the wind, and the mist. It was like a California winter (worse than you think, for you ignorant ones who have never experianced such a thing). And it'll be like that all week it looks like. Perhaps rain on Thursday and Friday, which means I'd be getting out of work either early, or all day both days. Good cause it gives me time to do other stuff (ie darkroom), but bad cause I ain't makin money. Next weekend will be pretty cool. No particular reason that I know of yet, cept for the fact that its gonna be a weekend.
ANd now its shower time.
_______ of the day: Why can't Iowa have all 4 seasons like everyone else??
The cold Ogukuo

No comments: