09 September 2006

The Saturday Morning Post

The sun came up with no conclusions
Flowers sleeping in their beds
The city's cemetery's humming
I'm wide awake, it's morning
Thank You to Bright Eyes for that little lyrical selection. And yes, it is true, I am wide awake, and it is morning. Although, I have no idea why I'm awake at 8 am, because I didn't go to bed until 3. I wanted to go to bed at like 1, but duty called, and I kinda had to make sure my house stayed standing thru the hurricane of alcahol that hit it. Last night was like a category 2. Not too bad, but bad enough to warrent a little worry. Plus, my new guitar was pulled out and played last night around 2:30 (quite well, I might add, by capable guitar players, but by ones I didn't really know). I was a bit worried about that, given the strength of the aforementioned hurricane, but went to bed anyway, cause 3 was late enough for me. Got up this morning, and couldn't find my guitar anywhere and started freaking out. Was rude enough to wake up Reid, and found out that he had hidden it behind the couch to protect it. Sorry Ross and Pasma, but Reid just shot up to number 1 roommate, way way up, like, no compitition, and one of you two is gonna have to save some old lady and all her cats from a burning building to pass him up.
Ok, enough on that, Peasants played last night in the Bean, it was quality. After hearing them practice a few times, it was good to actually hear vocals with it, and it was awesome, I liked it much. And tonight is our turn, we get to play up the music scene with And Yet (HnR formerly), the Benidict Affair (I like to refer to them as BA, because I'm not quite sure how to spell Benidict, and BA is just easier). So, make sure you get there at or before 8:30, cause BA is opening up, and I'm pretty sure they haven't played at Dordt before, so they'll be new to alot of people, and, oh yeah, they totally rock. I've only seen them once, sadly, but it was totally awesome. After them And Yet (I think it should be And Yet..., with the 3 periods, whatever thats called, elipsis? is that it?, just looks cooler) takes the stage and does their rocking, which is also rockin. I hope they've worked up some new stuff, I'd like to hear it. And then, we do our little thang. Ok, enough hood talk (shudder). We've about doubled our set list from what we had at the end of last school year, so we're gonna be doin like 4 or 5 new songs that no one has heard unless they happened to catch one of our 2 summer shows. And I think 1 or 2 of those new songs are even newer than those shows, and making their concert debut tonight. Hehehehe, I get all giddy just thinking about finally playing a show again, especially with new, totally kick-ass rocking material. Everyone tonight will be sockless, because they are gonna be rocked totally off. I suddenly have a craving for a carmel fudge brownie for some reason.
And since our only way of advertising this thing is by blogs, facebook, and random posters all over campus, I ask please, if you happen to read this today before the show, pass the word around! Tell people about the show. Whats better than a Saturday night show (FREE at that!!) with 3 rocking bands? Lets get a big crowd, cause I know we on stage are gonna be totally pumped and in the rockin mood, I sure hope the crowd is too!!
Ok, enough plug, time to find some food, maybe that brownie, and get started on stuff to pass the time until tonight.
______ of the day: hurrayyyyyyy Rock!!
The up-too-bloody-early Ogukuo

2 comments:

Andrea said...

Benedict.
Ellipses (plural).

Quackbert said...

don't I know you from somewhere?