28 September 2006

Apathy Takeover

Ever have that feeling where you really want something to happen, and it doesn't? Cause I don't have that feeling right now, nor the feeling of something I really want happening either. In fact, I feel rather emotionless right now. I'm pretty sure that work is dulling my senses down to a bland nothingness. Today was the first time in weeks that I wasn't working by myself out in the middle of a field of trees. But, the company I heald today was somewhat less than desireable. I was workin with a guy named Dick whos in his late 40s (?) and a rather odd character. Not much for socializing, and always yelling about something or another not being right or I need to do such and such. So I basically stopped listening to what he said and just tried to do my job. Which, of course, was even more depressing cause all I was doin was pounding steaks into the ground and stringing wire from them to trees to pull the trees straight, all in all very boring. I think the only things I'm holding onto at this point is a show Saturday night for the short term, and then end of the work season for long term. I think I can make it thru one more work day knowing that then I have two days off and the chance to play a show, which I think I need to relax and have some fun. Oh, and speaking of Saturday, anyone wanna go to SooFoo? I wanna go semi-early, as in I wanna be back at like 4 at the latest so I have time to get some stuff done before having to head to OC for the show. Lemme know if you wanna go, I don't wanna go by myself cause I don't think I'd find half the stuff I need to.
So, yes, bit of a tangent there, but long term I'm holding onto the fact that my job will be over in at most a few months. I think I would go insane if I knew that I would be doin the same thing for the long-term forseeable future. I really hope the Admin job comes thru, that would be so awesome. I can leave a job I dont like and actually do something that would be fun and enjoyable. If that doesn't happen, I think I'm just gonna apply to be on the overnight shift for one of the local houses and do that for a while. At least there I can watch a movie or read a book while doin nothing there.
I need something, I dunno what. I just feel like I'm coasting thru right now, with no real excitment or anything. My days are down to a fine formula of long boring work days and rather dull evenings that only may be highlighted by perhaps a good conversation in the Bean (hard tho, since I have to be back home for bed before anyone is even in the talking/done with homework mood). Maybe a gf? Meh, no, bad idea. Whats worse than wanting a gf for nothing else except to kill boredom. I mean, a gf would be nice, but not for that reason. But, thats a moot issue at this point anyway, so no point in debating it. Maybe I should take up knitting or plate-spinning.
Meh, I give up, I'm gonna go take a shower and figure out what kinda cerial I want for dinner.
______ of the day: "Woah, I'm waiting for the breakdown" -Breakdown, Mae
The Apathetic Ogukuo

No comments: