09 October 2006

I Hate Mondays

I quote Puss in Boots from Shrek 2. I once again feel crappy (but, then again, when don't I when I'm posting, right?). Today wasn't even that bad for the most part, but I'm still in a down mood. Its amazing how one stupid little thing will ruin an entire day like that. I had the day off cause it was raining this morning, so I didn't go in, then I got distracted with other stuff I needed to do, so I just never went in once it stopped raining. Which is probably for the better, cause we did have a pretty soaking rain, so I probably wouldn't have been able to do much anyway. I guess I'll find out tomorrow.
I can't wait for my parents to be out here. I feel like I've been hanging in mid-air for the past 5 months with no real foundation to my life. Hopefully spending time with the family again will re-establish some sense of grounding. As much as I like the free-wheelin' spirit of bein single and living with a bunch of guys with no real connections to anything, I really would like to have some sort of tie down. Thats what I miss most about living at home, I really don't have any sort of structure to my life outside of a work sch. Theres really no one I can count on to always be there like I could with my family. I know I've gotta work on my personal relationship with God, that'll probably help alot. And, I know its cliche, and everyone says it, but I'd really like to find a girl. I mean, com'n, I'm 23, I've been tryin to play the game for what, 8 years or whatever now? I feel like I'll never get off the bench, much less that I'll get a chance to ever get out on the playing field. Part of me wants to be a more agressive player, but then the rest of me says, duh, you'll never do that. Which is so fricken frustrating, cause its getting me nowhere, which is really not where I want to be. I'm ready to give up on the game, but I know thats not possible, and even if it were, I'd never be able to do it anyway.
So, off I go to bed all lost and frustrated to wake up tomorrow and go to work and sit and be frustrated there for 9 hours. Yippee.
_______: Maybe I should give up all reservations and really go get the shit kicked out of me by love instead of just quoting it from the movie all the time.
The Tired Ogukuo

1 comment:

Andrea said...

The middle of your blog struck me....the whole foundation thing. I agree. And I too would like to find a girl.