20 June 2006

Hangover

Ok, I guess the last post needs a bit of a follow up (read it first, if you haven't yet). I can't say I didn't mean it, cause for the most part, its all true. But, it all just kinda hit me at the same time, a bad time. Kinda like a hangover, I mean, of the emotional/mental kind, not the alcahol type. The last few weeks were pretty cool with goin to California, doin a concert, spending an evening in SF, and mostly not spending alot of time at work. Then suddenly, it was Monday and I was looking down the barrel of a full week of work with no real highlights for the week, or this coming weekend either, really. It was just frustrating not really having anything to look forward to in the near future. Workin all week by myself doin the same thing all day everyday is kinda hard to deal with. Its increadable how slow time can go by when you are bored out of your mind. But, I know its gonna change. Sooner or later I'll be doin something else. Either I'll find it at my current job, or I'll have to leave for my own sanity and find something else. Thats what I'm hanging onto at this point, thank goodness I heard today I may be going out to the field to help put on sprinkler heads. Yeah, not glorious, but at least a change of scenery. Hopefully next week I can get enough of my design work together to show my boss and hopefully start working myself up to the design position I want. And, I know its a long shot, but I'm also holding onto the outside possiblity of the band taking off. To quote the illustrious rhymer, Eminem........"Success is my only mother-f*ckin option, failure's not." No matter what, where I am, how I do it, who's there with me, when it happens, I am going to be a success. As of yet, I don't know in what or how or when. But it's gotta happen, I won't settle for anything less.

_______ of the day:
Look, if you had one shot, or one opportunity
To seize everything you ever wanted-One moment
Would you capture it or just let it slip?

The determined Ogukuo

1 comment:

Andrea said...

I think you just wrote a poem.