16 June 2006

Come as you are

OJK had a show tonight in SC. Attendance was kinda meh, but our set went ok (esp. considering its the first time we've played together in 1.5 months), and we made a few connections that could prove to be quite helpful in the future.
So heres the deep, thoughtful question of the post: What will become of this band? I mean, are we gonna have fun, play shows, entertain people, etc? Or become known thru-out the "Sioux Empire" and play various shows around this area? Or is it possible that it will take off and we become a big name band? I mean, I honestly think we have the band personality as well as talent to do it. Of course, it also means being in the right place at the right time, having the right guy hear us, etc. And by all means, I would love to make a career out of being a traveling rock 'n' roller. But, is that something that should really be pursued or not? As much fun as it would be, is it worth it? How many rock stars have killed themselves, or turned into shells of people addicted to drugs, etc. I don't think its worth that. Obviously the rock lifestyle is outside the ordinary, in both good and bad ways. I guess the question is would it be worth it if it was ever a real possiblility. And, yeah, thats tough to say. Its easy now to say that I would never get into the bad side of it, but how many other people have said that? And then end up killing themselves because they just can't handle it. I don't think that would happen, but having that much pressure is kinda scary to think about. Yeah, the pressure thing, another point, I mean, everyone watches your every move and would love to eat you alive for any of your mistakes. I dunno if I would want my life picked apart like that.
Ok, enough deepness for now, time for some unconsiousness of the sleeping nature now.
________ of the day: Fun and Entertainment vs. whatever the opposite is.
The as-of-yet-unknown Ogukuo

1 comment: