01 June 2008

Last visit to Washington!

-It's the last visit cause the next time I go there, I'm going to stay :D. And, this visit expanded our stomping grounds to include Seattle, a city previously reserved for flying into and out of.

-I guess I'll start with Lynden/B'Ham. Had an interview (this time it was actually an interview) with Big Brothers Big Sisters. All in all, it went really well. The general impression I get is that they want me to work there, its just a matter of if their program moves in the direction of needing another staff person. Hoping and praying on that one. Also spent some quality time watching movies and playing catch. There was also a drive down Chuckanut Drive that was beautiful minus one innocent where we almost died.

-So, Seattle. Of all the towns I've visited that have a Space Needle, Seattle is my favorite. Even counting the cities without Space Needles, Seattle ranks pretty high. The Seattle experiance was great. Great hosts, great place to stay, great Folklife Festival, great waterfront, and great to experiance urban driving again.

-We (Andrea, Al, friend Christa, and I) stayed at my Uncle Dennis and Aunt Jennie's house in Bothell. It was wonderful to catch up again, moving away from the West Coast has left me somewhat disconnected from most of my family.

-Folklife was rather crowded, but a great time. I even Contra-danced! It was fun and only took me 3 days to work up the courage to do so! And for anyone who saw the Folklife Festival on the news, no, I was not shot.

-As many times as I've been to Seattle, I've never gone up the Space Needle til this visit. And its great! Granted, not something to do every other month, but very much worth doing. Especially in good company :).

-And a note about urban driving. Relaxed Midwest driving is awesome. But theres something about highways and city streets thats fun. Trying to find parking, however, thats an experiance I could pass on.

-I found my grandparents old house in Lake Forest Park as well. Good memories. Couldn't go inside to look around, but got to see the yard. Also went to the port on Lake Washington were we'd go as a family to feed ducks many years ago. Very fun and memory-ful.

-And now, just to make the blog a little longer, some pictures! (Ok, limited supply, I'm terrible at actually hauling out my digital camera and using it).


The Experiance Music Project as viewed from the Space Needle. I've heard its supposed to look vaguely like a guitar from above, I'm not seeing it.

Folklife Festival from the Space Needle.

And, of course, the Space Needle from the Folklife Festival.



Andrea doesn't like making nice faces when I take her picture, so here's revenge :).
-Thats all for now, check out Andrea's blog for a wider variety of pictures, she's got some good ones posted!
______ of the day: I enjoy Midwest Thunderstorms. Alot.
The traveled Ogukuo






2 comments:

Melissa said...

hey, i've been there! yay!!! oh seattle...

Andrea said...

Note: That was for the nasty picture.
I like the picture of the space needle from below.