08 June 2008

Free Time!

-Today is my first free day in over a week and a half. Its quite nice to sit a little bit and feel not guilty about not doing things because I actually have time today to get them done. Hurray for getting laundry folded that was clean 3 days ago!!

-Since coming back from Washington, I've put in 9 straight days at Niessink, and overlapped that with 4 days of a side job running sound for the Robin's School of Dance recital. This side venture was quite fun. Very long hours, but working with great people who know what they were doing and how to let other people do what they know how to do.

-My regular job is about the same as always. I realized yesterday that I have about 6 weeks left there, and over 60 hours of PTO to use up. For those lacking basic math skills, that means I could cut myself back to 30 hours a week and still get paid fully. However, we're rather short staffed, and I don't think I could take the time off even if I wanted to. Not sure how that is going to work itself out.

-As far as future life in Washington goes, I'm still unsure about a job or a place to live, but both are moving in good directions. I caught wind of a potentially very good place to live, which I'm hoping to follow up on very soon. The job situation is rather stale at this point, but I think I'm sitting in a good position. Hopefully that doesn't come back to bite me in the butt.

-I just found out that the pastor of my home church accepted a call to a different church. This is odd to me, as he has been at our church for ever. He baptized me. My church is also in the process of adding a second building to be a social hall/Sunday School classroom complex. And with that project, they are remodelling alot of the inside of the existing building as well. So when I see it next in July, it really is going to be a different place than what I grew up with. I guess progress is always being made, but for some reason I always feel like my childhood was a time when things where what they were. And now everything is changing from that. Its odd.

-I appreciate the connections and opportunities I've had thru Dordt. Its gonna be hard to move away from that.

______ of the day: All my stories sound the same

The relaxing Ogukuo

1 comment:

Andrea said...

When I first read the thing about your pastor, I thought you meant Pastor Herm. My gut dropped a ways until I realized you meant Rev. Admiraal. I miss the good ol' days of childhood, too.