15 June 2008

Sweet dessert and changes

-Instead of sitting around bored Friday night, I decided to make dessert instead. Of course, this means I didn't go out or make dinner for myself, but it was fun making dessert. The choice this time was white chocolate covered grapes with an orange dipping glaze. It was quite good, and suprisingly simple to make. The only problem is I don't think its something that will keep long in the fridge. Partly because I keep eating a little bit at a time, and partly because the chocolate and orange curd are getting pretty hard, making it kinda difficult to eat without stuff falling apart. But thats ok, this was an experiment that I still consider a great success.

-In unrelated news, I took a walk around campus last night. For those of you not around, there are some changes going on around the center of campus. The parking lot in front of the campus center has been pulled out and is being expanded and redesigned with trees and islands. The parking lot between the rec center and the Beej is gone, all the way to where it connected with the Southview parking lot. And it looks like another lot will be put in on the west side of the old soccer field. So there have been alot of trees cut down, and dirt turned up. Grass that is normally well kept is growing tall. It looks rather crappy right now, but I bet when the project is finished it will be a significant improvement. Both of those parking lots were eyesores, so its nice to see one redone in a nice way and the other taken out. Having an expanded green area by the rec center will be very nice and inviting.

-I'm starting to appreciate my house more now that I can do some cleaning up and it stays that way for a while. Our living room seems suprisingly inviting without fastfood remains, beer bottles, and numourous glasses strewn everywhere. And walking down a hallway that isn't being used for storage is amazing!

-Today was the last time until Thursday that I need to get up at 5:45 am. This is exciting. And I have next weekend off!! This is huge! I haven't had a free weekend at home for well over a month. Plans for Highschool Musical and BBQ's have me very excited :).

And now its almost lunch time, so I'd best sign off.

______ of the day: Concert tonight!

The overworked Ogukuo

2 comments:

Andrea said...

BBQ! :)

Mela said...

well, I hope you thoroughly enjoy!