14 May 2008

Gas and golf and hermanutics

- I have a list of things I need to do in front of me. Such fun items as "do dishes" and "file paperwork from last 2 months" are on it. And for some reason, the only thought on my mind currently is GOLF!!!! I would love nothing more than to play 18 holes today. Of course, I haven't swung a golf club in 10 months, so if I did try to play a full round, I would probably die. Not to mention that I would score a 147 cause I'm terrible at golf. Perhaps a trip to the chipping green or driving range to slowly warm myself back into it...

- There is a pattern of mold on my bathroom ceiling that vaguely resembles South America. I wish so much for a vent fan. Which means I wish even more for a logical electrical system in our house so I could perform this simple installation.

- I watched the movie "Hot Rod" last night. I recommend it only if you have 87 minutes and several brain cells you are willing to give up. But it'll probably make you laugh a few times.

- I remembered yesterday that I got roped into working a 16 hour shift on Sunday. I guess its nice cause it's less PTO I need to use for my trip to Washington next week, but I'm gonna be rather cranky Sunday evening.

- I volunteered to work 16 hour days this summer. It may be nice, or I may need to reside in a room with rubber wallpaper because of it. I'm scared to find out.

- Kind Old King George sent me my economic stimulus check the other day. Like any good patriotic American, I dropped it right into my savings account. Maybe $600 will be enough to cover my gas costs for driving to Washington this summer.

- I have close to $100 in change (I'm guessing) sitting on top of my mini-fridge. I'm not quite sure what I want to do with it. I'll probably be boring and logical and use it to help pay for gas to move to Washington.

- I don't like it when I have to blog about paying for gas because its close to $4 a gallon.

- If we held a garage sale and sold everything that is being stored at our house I could retire very comfortably. I'd also be able to navigate the basement without tripping over many boxes and random furnerature.

______ of the day: I'm listening to The Velvet Underground. Hmmmmm.

The listless Ogukuo

4 comments:

Andrea said...

I like your list.

I don't like gas prices. Or fruit prices. Or veggie prices. Or bread prices. Or...

Reido Bandito said...

I'd rather not think about all the time I spent trying to clean all the mold off of the bathroom ceiling. I'm surprised I survived the mix of mold and several cleansing agents.

Melissa said...

please don't sell my stuff phil... i would like to use that stuff next year when i move back on campus. maybe you should install a lighted pathway to show you which way would be safe to go... hm...

Mela said...

I was going to apologize for the things I stored and then I realized the one thing I stored there is actually being used so its no longer in your basement. :) ha!