10 May 2008

Goodbye

Three years ago I watched friends graduate and leave. I came back for my last year of college, and two years ago graduated myself, watching more friends leave. I watched more people leave a year ago. And again yesterday. And now I have a few months of Sioux Center summer without any Dordt students, and I'll be leaving myself. I won't be seeing any friends return to Dordt in the fall. I probably won't see any more Dordt plays, or attend NISO concerts, or concert choir shows. The people I hung out with earlier this week are people I dunno if I'll see again.

I really look forward to moving, starting a new job, exploring a new area, meeting new people, and being with Andrea; and I really am glad I'm leaving to do all of these things. But its right now that kinda sucks. Its tough realizing that all these extremely recent memories are going to remain just that, memories. Its hard to see that the Dordt chapter of my life is (finally) over, but knowing that the next chapter of my life doesn't really start for another three months makes waiting hard. Everyone else's life changed yesterday, they say goodbye and move on to a summer job, or a new career, or job hunting, or moving into Dad and Mom's basement. I was part of the goodbyes, but now I return to work and dishes and being short changed on sleep.

More and more each day I feel like my life in Washington is starting, and I'm just waiting on hold until August to join it. What do I do with the time inbetween? Especially for the next month! Well, like I said earlier, work, dishes, and lack sleep.

Despite this rather somber post, I'm really not sad about moving away. Quite the opposite, I'm very excited about it! I'm just sad to leave one life behind without being able to start my next one for three months.

______ of the day: Why did it have to be rainy today??

The stuck inside Ogukuo

1 comment:

Andrea said...

I miss you.