10 October 2007

Long and boring, worth ignoring

I did not realize its almost been a month since my last post, I apologize. The last two weeks have been increadably busy. I had a work conferance down in Des Moines, which I found quite fun. Mostly cause I've never been on a trip like this, so it was new and interesting to me. I also learned alot about my job, which is very very good, cause I basically have no other training whatsoever besides on the job training. And it was good to be in a "big city" again! Sometimes I really miss tall buildings and not being able to see any shread of natual landscape. Doesn't happen often, but sometimes I miss that. I also had my own hotel room for the first time ever, I think. I jumped on the bed :). I was on that trip for 3 days and then returned to a 4 day weekend. So that means I was away from regular shifts for an entire week. Returning was hard, I was very out of it. But then I worked 7 days straight. Very busy! Between yesterday and Monday I worked 26 hours, with less than 5 hours of sleep inbetween. Thank goodness I have today off, I got 8 hours of sleep last night for the first time since last Tuesday or something. But, its short lived, I work again tomorrow, probably 16 hour shift too :S.
Lesse, in real news (besides me being too busy to make real news), um, oh, observation time!! Hotel breakfast bars can be very interesting places. On the weekend they are always filled with families, old people, and usually random bikers. All these people are casually dressed, socialize in groups, and seem happy. This would probably be, logically, because they are all on vacation. However, during the week (as observed on my last business trip), everyone eating breakfast is wearing a suit or other business wear, eating alone, and usually looking unhappy. Ok, this is a pretty easy observation to make, but I've rarely stayed in a hotel during the week, so I've never seen the business side of it. I just gotta say, if I worked in a hotel, I'd want to work on the weekend when the fun happy people are there. But I never want to work at a hotel.
______ of the week: I enjoy mountains
The Midwest'd Ogukuo

1 comment:

Andrea said...

Mountains are here. I observed them extra closely for you this morning. = )