31 August 2007

What a week...

I'm sure most people reading this have had a more momentous week than I, but mines been pretty exciting too.
Monday was a grand day of seeing people again and rearranging the living room. Both were fun. I also went to see 'the show'. Made me wish I was sitting in there as a freshman and not knowing how awesome the next 4 years would be. But I'm not, I'm just the odd guy who sometimes hangs around campus and is older than everyone else.
I also brought my car into the shop this week cause it decided it would be fun to randomly die on me and turn on check engine lights and in general be dumb. The guy said it could be up to $600 bucks depending on the problem, so I was plannin on the worst. But, it was just a minor sensor or gizmo or something, and was way cheaper, hurray! That made me uber happy. And then I found out that my insurance was finally gonna pay for the doctors visit I had back in May. They decided that headaches and such were a preexisting condition and didn't want to pony up the money for it. So I had to give them lots of paperwork, etc proving that I was normal. In the mean time, the clinic wanted money from somewhere and decided that I would be a good source since insurance wasn't paying. So they kept sending me bills that were ignored by me cause I didn't want to pay them. And then the insurance company finally roled over and said 'fine, we'll do what we are supposed to'. So now they've only taken me for $750 this year instead of the $900 they wanted! Ha! The little guy wins for once! So between insurance actually workin for me for once, and my car not being as dumb as it coulda been, I still have like $700 dollars that I could have potentially not had. Which is good, cause I don't really have it anyway :).
And then there was the EC block party last night which was fun. We played, the crowd was into it and made lots of loudness, which is awesome. We also got requested an encore, which brings all sorts of warm fuzzy feelings. And tonight I get to go to Lifelight to see a coupla stellar bands.
Um, other news... um, oh, I hate paperwork. There, thats other news. I dunno.
______ of the day: I just rented 2 classic movies and came home to realize we no longer have a TV, my brain hurts.
The 'not braining today' Ogukuo

2 comments:

Reido Bandito said...

Phil, you are "the odd guy who sometimes hangs around campus and is older than everyone else." Fo sho.

Who is leaving the house? Did you guys do a secret ballot or cast lots?

Paul K said...

Hi Philip. Update your damn blog. And ignore xanga... cuz I lost eh URL to that one.