01 April 2007

End of an era

Gentle Readers,
This will be my last blog from the overnight shift. This is my last scheduled night, I start days on Wednesday. I’m looking forward to it, but I also am kinda scared. I found out I’m the primary care-taker of one of the boys, so that means I’m in charge of taking him shopping, coming up with his skill plans and his general care. So in other words, when he’s being a problem, I’m the one they call to deal with it. Yay. And scary. I’m not quite sure how to handle all of that. I hope they break me into this slowly. I’m guessin the first few weeks are gonna be the hardest with learning the rules and how each boy needs to be handled. But, I don’t gotta choice, its gonna happen, so I may as well make the most of it and learn as quickly as possible. Once I get used to it, it will be a lot nicer when I have days off and I can actually do stuff instead of being awake all night doing nothing cause everyone else is asleep. But being in at work at 6:30 am is somewhat less than appealing, I must say. That may end up being quite the challenge. Hopefully I’ll be able to sleep in the late morning when I’m not at work and everyone else is either in class or working.
______ of the day: Hold your nose because here comes the cold water.
The diving in Ogukuo

1 comment:

Andrea said...

Transitions can be hard. But you'll do wonderfully. You're caring.