14 October 2006

The Unauthorized Biography of Reinhold Messner

Thanks to Ben Folds for the catchy title, except I'm not Reinhold Messner, since I'm writting this myself its an autobiography, and is there any possible way that an autobiography can be unauthorized?
So heres what I'm facin': three felonies, six years of probation. Oh wait, I'm not Eminem either.
Ever heard him actually sing? Not rap, but sing, hes got a pretty good voice. In my opinion. Of course, those who are self-rightious and hate Eminem because people like his music would disagree based on the fact that he sucks because they don't like them, and they don't like him because he sucks. And somewheres in that perpetual motion machine is the factor that his music is popular, thus cannot be good. I love circular logic!! How about you?
So heres what I'm really facing: Out of 12 people or so who applied, me and one other person were granted the chance for an interview. These both happened this past week. Mine went well, I can't speak for the other person. I was hoping for a decision by yesterday, but I guess both of us are very close in qualifications, so now they are gonna be calling our references, and I won't hear until next week. I just found out who my compitition is, too. I consider her to be quite qualified, and would be a good person for the job. Which, of course, has me more worried than not knowin who I was runnin against.
So I spent the first part of this week prepairing for the interview, everything from reading material, mental prep, gettin clothes ready, lots of worrying and praying, etc. And then there was the interview itself. It went well, I think. But, it was a 4 1/2 hour marithon, very tiring. But, I feel confident that I did well. It pretty much shot Wednesday, I was tired that night. And the past few days have been spent wondering how the other person did, and waiting to find out a decision yesterday. Which didn't come down yesterday, cause they need more time to decide. I guess thats better than a 'no compitition, its not Philip' decision, or the other way around, but now I have like 4 more days of waiting, which is quite difficult. Considering how important the decision will be on affecting my life. But, I'm also finding a certain amount of peace about the whole ordeal. I mean, I know whats gonna happen to a certain extent. Either I get the job, or I dont, that simple. If I get it, I'm excited, and I look forward to a job that I think I'll enjoy quite a bit. If I don't get it, I continue looking for something else. Probably not something as important as this job, but something more along the lines of getting me a paycheck to get by. I should say something to get me by til the band thing kicks in. (heres your cue to roll your eyes, oh ye unbelievers) And I bid the adieu to go find some food or something.
________ of the day: I finally saw Fight Club
The Waiting Ogukuo

1 comment:

Andrea said...

I never said I was an unbeliever...just being too pragmatic, I suppose. But I didn't realize it was between 2 of you out of an original 12. Those are quite the odds...congrats either way.

Oh...I got my guitar on Sunday night. Thank you very much. = )