13 August 2008

An update, but not really

Ok, this blog is gonna cover a very very busy month, so I'm gonna hit the highlights (that I can remember) and hopefully do some more real updates later. I hope someone still reads this.

-Its been 3.5 weeks since leaving Sioux Center. I've seen the Omaha Zoo, a ton of plains states, the Pacific Ocean, Pinecrest Lake, Modesto, Mt. Shasta (could barely see it thru the smoke from the CA wildfires), downtown Salem (awesome), cool things in and around Portland (also awesome), the Columbia Valley River Gorge, tons of traffic from Olympia to Marysville (about 3 hours worth), Lynden for a day, Lake Roosevelt, Grand Coulee Dam, Stevens Pass, many deer, a bald eagle, a bear cub, the beach (alot), and tons of water spraying everywhere as I attempted multiple times to get up on a wakeboard.

-So yes, hitting all of this with one blog would be nearly impossible. The highlights would be the experiances, such as boogie boarding in the Pac ocean, party boating on Pinecrest, and attempting to wakeboard. Although, actually getting up on the wakeboard was much more fun than attempting to. I love wakeboarding, but only have about a 10% accuracy rate for getting up. I've dealt with alot of sore muscles and painful bruses. All worth it.

- Now I'm settling into Lynden and losing steam. The traveling is over, visiting cool and awesome family and friends is over. Now I'm waiting to hear if I have a job, trying to find a place to live, trying to figure out how to find a roommate in a place I don't know, and keeping an eye on my ever dwindling bank account. Its all given me a nasty tension headache that kept me up last night and is still dogging me today. I'm trying to keep a positive spin on things, but its hard right now.

-I'm starting to miss music too.

_____ of the day: Those who are dead are not dead, they're just living in my head.

The aching Ogukuo

2 comments:

Kenyon said...

I still read your blog Phil. I bought a huge apologetics book in a used book store in downtown Salem. It's pretty (downtown, not the book).

Andrea said...

I also bought used books in downtown Salem. But I'm pretty sure you know that. Do you still have them, by the way? I'll call you at 2...hope painting goes well!