19 August 2008

To get it off my chest...

Well, I've been in Lynden for a week and a half now, and feel like I'm not gaining much traction yet. I thought I had a good shot at a job, but the position was offered to someone else. I also thought I had a place I really wanted to live, but I'm having second thoughts about that as well. So I'm in the market for a job and for an apartment. Both are slow going. It's tough, but I'm working on staying positive about it.

1.) I'm questioning myself on the job search, I'm really not sure what I want to do. The thought of working for a non-profit and working with kids is awesome, but I don't know if I can find something in that area that will pay enough to support even my simple lifestyle. So now I'm looking into a broader range of positions, which makes things difficult. This really opens up the market, but to jobs where I don't have experience, and I'm not sure about these positions. I know there is a job that I would awesome at, and that I would love to do, but I just don't know what that job is.

2.) About the apartment situation, the one I was looking at is the cheapest by far, but doesn't offer much besides that. It's a studio without much storage space, and no internet. What I'm thinking now is I want a 2 bedroom apartment that I can share with a roommate. This will actually end up being a bit cheaper I figure, cause I'll be splitting rent, but its gonna be tough to figure out this situation. Cause finding a roommate will be hard without knowing people around here, and if I don't find a roommate, rent will be in the $650-$730 range by myself. Not to mention that places are wary of renting to unemployed persons (see point 1).

No, I didn't figure this would be easy, and I know its gonna take some time for things to settle into place. I'd really appreciate your prayers for me as I try to realign my life right now. I'm trying to keep a positive note about all of this, and knowing that people care helps alot. Building a new support network takes time, I still want my old one right now.

_______ of the day: Never underestimate my Jesus/When the world around you crumbles/He will be strong he will be strong.

The Searching Ogukuo

1 comment:

Andrea said...

You have an apartment. :) Yay!