04 September 2008

Do I still exist?

Ok, another update.

I'm in my new place. I've got a bed and a small nightstand, and everything else is stacked in the corner. My next goal is a dresser, desk, and bookshelves so that I can start de-boxing stuff and make my room look like a room instead of a storage shed.

I had a job interview yesterday! It was for a position at a branch of the hospital. I'd be working in more of a clinical setting. Answering phones, recording information, helping patients, etc. I'm excited about the prospect. I've heard really great things about the hospital, and from what I've seen I would enjoy it.

I've got a "new" phone. Actually, its a four year old phone with weird features and outdated graphics. But, it works, I can call people, and they can call me. I can do texts, but I dunno if I'm alerted when I get them. So if I get a text from you and don't reply, I apologize. This phone is just to help me limp by until I decide if/when I wanna get a new contract.

Besides the concrete stuff like moving and job hunting, I've been having a hard time getting used to Lynden. I think the weather may be getting to me, and getting used to being away from a place I got so accustomed to is hard. Hopefully once I have a job to go to every day and a place that feels more like "my room" it'll be easier. I still want to ask for prayers and encouragement from people, I think I'm still in "the process" right now.

Today it looks like I can (thankfully) enjoy some sunshine! That will help.

______ of the day: You may be a big fish in a little pond/Doesn't mean you've won/'Cause along may come a bigger one

The adjusting Ogukuo

3 comments:

Mela said...

hey man, we're still around. and blogging. at least now that school is back in session we are. :)

Unknown said...

Moving is a big adjustment.

Really big and scary when you don't know anyone. Still unsettling and unfamiliar and weird when you do know someone.

We live so close, we should plan to do something together sometime!

~the still adjusting amanda

Reido Bandito said...

Don't hold us in suspense! Did you get the job?