14 August 2006

Public personal reflection?

Ok, so this is more of my just writing to get stuff out than a public thing, so if you don't wanna read it, thats encouraged. But now you all do, cause you think it'll be juicy. Well, its not, just me being me.
So recently (as in the last 2 years) I've been wondering where my life is heading. Ok, so I've been wondering my whole life, but most recently has been a bit more serious wondering. Of course, being young, single, and a recent college grad, I would say my options are somewhat open. I could stay here in town, move back to Ripon, or any other place where I think I'd be able to make steady work. Of course, without proper incentive, why move?
Enough buildup, to the meat. I've been thinking alot lately about a town called Antigua, Guatemala. I spent 2 weeks during 2 seperate summers there doing misson work. I know they employ a summer staff there to lead teams, and various other stuff. And alot of things around here have reminded me of that fact, and I dunno what that means. Most recently it was a group talking in church last night about their misson trip down to the Gulf Coast. Perhaps I should move down there (Antigua, not the Gulf Coast) and do work for the mission? I mean, I'd love to, except for a few problems. I dont speak spanish that well, I'm not a misson major, or anything close to it, I have no special skills lending themselves to misson work, and a little thing called college debt. And I know, Moses had a list of reasons for God why he shouldn't lead his people, and they don't really matter. But my question is, would I really be any help? And what on earth do I do about a mounting debt when I'm making practically no money? I know, money doesn't matter, but sooner or later Iowa Student Loan is gonna want theres back!!
So, theres much more in my head about it, I'm thinking of calling the guy who lead our group just to see what he says. I dunno, who knows if God is calling me to that or not. I would love it if He was, but I'd be very curious to see how it works out to be that way.
Anywho, time for bed, work comes early tomorrow.
_______ of the day: If my life were over today, what would you say? what would you say?
The 'me being me' Ogukuo

No comments: