10 September 2009

Yes, I'm trying blogging again, too

Ok, I've been inspired by Andrea's recent blogging efforts to try it myself. Per standard blogging protocol on following up after several months of silence, I will do this in list form.

-I'm married. As of June 28, 2009 (the day after the wedding, when the pastor signed the liscense) Andrea and I are married :). As all newly married couples know, this is particularly special event, as it marks the end of wedding planning!! Life is much less stressful now.

-We honeymooned California. We came into California greeted by 108 degree temperatures in the valley. Thankfully, we spent most of the week either at a cabin in the mountains, or on the coast. Both places were cooler, and quite awesome.

-Upon our return to Lynden, we experienced about 3 weeks of epic busy-ness. I started back to work, Andrea worked at VBS (during the evenings), we were both working on organizing 2 people's worth of stuff into one smallish apartment, Andrea's parents visited, and Andrea made an unexpected trip to Michigan for a cousin's funeral.

-Things have started to settle down since then, and we've had time to try to figure out what living the married life is like.

-While we work on figuring out what the new "normal" is, we are still faced with many challanges. Andrea, as of yet, remains jobless. I am trying to get back into school to earn a teaching degree. We are trying to find a place to call home thats a bit more permanent that what we have now.

-There are quite a few other things I'd love to blog about, but I'll just list them out quickly instead. If anything sounds overly interesting to you, feel free to inquire :).
Other activies have included: 2 camping trips (one on an island where we were almost trapped by an incoming storm). Adopting a cat that we've named Ophelia. Her nicknames include Ophy, Fifi, Oph, Kitty, and Get-out-of-that-cupboard!! Making a tack box for camping equipment from bare plywood using my own design. A fishing trip. Further exploration of the beauty of Northwest Washington. A rekindling of my love for reading! (thanks mostly to Andrea).

-If anyone actually stumbles across this blog and reads it, I'm hoping to post a bit more frequently.

_____ of the day: REI is a freaking awesome store.

The lunch-hour Ogukuo

4 comments:

Andrea said...

Does it count if I knew about all that stuff before you posted it? Kidding. I'm glad to know I am inspiring to you! :)

Kendra said...

I read your blog.
Also, I love the name of your cat. Just make sure she stays away from ponds.
PS: If you guys ever go to Ripon for holidays, let us know! Because we go there most holidays, and it would be lovely to see you both again!

Josh said...

Way to get back into the blogging circle again, Philip! :) In response to your question, I have read the Shack, but it's been about a little while. But entitlement still reigns heavily in my life, as well as many others around me. hmm...i hadn't thought about that in a while. good to be reminded. Hope all is going well in WA! Have a great night!

Anonymous said...

Glad to see you added, I have been checking every so often to see if you had.

Blogging is like exercise: the longer break you take, the harder it is to get back into it and the easier it is to skip.